Skip to main content

Ondo State!

Image result for ondo, ise logun ise




Would I have thought of staying in Ondo? I'm not sure about this.

Two calls from the BEDC Head Office changed my stay at Sapele, Delta State. One with the Head of HR and the other with the Chief Corporate Services Officer. I was moving to Akure.

It's been a month since I moved here (October 4, 2016 to be precise). I abandoned all at Sapele to make this move. Five months rent still running. A house filled with what I used to call 'my things'. Foodstuff in the kitchen I couldn't carry with me. Clothes I couldn't move (I had to travel light). People I got to know through my 9 months stay.

Sapele was good. I was tired. My previous posts will give a hint. I wanted something different. Actually I wanted Lagos. I somehow still do (though the time Dad and Mum 's spent on the road last night from the mainland to the Lekki Gardens 4 makes me reconsider).

I'm getting to know Akure. I've been to Alagbaka, seen the Akure Mall where Shoprite is located, the governor's house, FUTA, the Winners Chapel (I love it when there is a Winner's church closeby), Oba-Ile, Ijapo Estate and some others. Still Exploring.

So the job at hand. Its a Technical Assistant role. Its more of a desk job. a brain job, a task belonging to an analyst, a role that makes me work with all the Business Managers within Ondo State and Ekiti State. Its still new.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to Kunfaiyeoluwa

  I would love to draft a long letter to you. But the thoughts and words captured above say a lot that I want you to carry on for the rest of your life.  You indeed have a legacy to cherish and to build on. Your mum, grand-mums and great-grand-mums are one of the strongest and determined persons I have met and I know the seed lives on in you. Yes, I did come to know them all and I see the foundation you have to lean on. You are Royalty both Spiritually and by Land Origin. 1 Pet 2:9 reminds me of your spiritual royalty and the knowledge that you are of the origin of men who have reigned as Kings in Nigeria both in Kogi and Ondo States. Therefore, let the words scribed above by the Queen of the Southern Nigerian Kingdom bring light to you today and for every other day. I was watching a movie during the past weekend and it showcased a Father who stood by his daughter even when the whole community were against her. I would like you to know that I would be by your side from Day 1 t...

Dam tot Dam loop Business Run - 5miles or 8km - Done!

  Yes, I did. And it was fun. I ran the Dam tot Dam loop Business Run 5Miles. And it was amazing to do this for the first time ever in 2024.  I got to know about the run about 2 months ago during a chat with Jana Reiss and I was interested. I had seen a friend and former line manager at MainOne, Ayomide, run marathons and amass medals from the run. I have also seen another former line manager, Vremudia run a lot including the marathons.  Living in the Netherlands made it easy to join the band wagon. You have roads with a bicycle path and the walk way aside the road for cars. Thus, I loved to joined the band wagon and have now taken part in the first long distance run.  I did the run the 8K in 1:08:10 Hrs. the best runner of the day did it in 25 mins. A pretty long way to get to for me. But I recall in my practice, the first time I did the 8K was 1:15:00 Hrs and the second time 1:09:00 Hrs. So a little improvement but definitely within my plan. I wasn't aiming to be t...

The Hyrox

We call it the bootcamp. For today, the activity is called the Hyrox.  As I type, I am yet to check the dictionary for the meaning of the word 'hyrox' to verify if it even exists. I think it should anyway. FYI- I will check after I finish scribbling.  In the picture above are my colleagues at Leaseweb. We had just gone through 35 minutes of some gruesome exercise. They appeared to be simple and light but as you had to do it repetitively, they become tasking and the pain keeps on coming. We do this once a week to encourage people to keep fit or rather create an avenue to exercise despite the bussle of the week. Focus today as on 6 activities and we had to do it in multiple rounds. You can fid the list below: 1. 1km run on the treadmill 2. Burpees  3. Row/Ski 4. Lunges 5. Sit ups  6. Farmer's Carry 7. 1km run on the treadmill. It is good the Coach was unable to spell my name correctly so I am unable to claim a position. But to make it easy for you, I did the least numb...